Sunday, October 18, 2009

Week 5: Night and Light

I enjoy doing photos at night or with light. I think it was really fun to do the light painting photographs. Also while I was at home this week in Arizona there happened to be a thunderstorm off in the distance so it was fun capturing that. I also took a picture of the snow a while ago before the sun came up. It was still dark but the coloring that can come out at that time is amazing, nothing you could get during the day!





























1. Light Painting: 10-17-09; 9:56 pm; Tucson, Az; f/11; 10 sec; Canon ESO Digital Rebel XTI

2. Light Painting: 1-23-08; 11:39 pm; Rexburg, Id; f/na; na; Sony DSC-H1

3. Lightning: 10-17-09; 10:09 pm; Tucson, Az; f/5.6; 5 sec; Canon ESO Digital Rebel XTI

4. Snow Building: 6-18-09; 4:15 am; Rexburg, Id; f/20; 30 sec; Canon ESO Digital Rebel XTI

3 comments:

  1. I love the light! My two farovties are the 1st and 2nd Light Paintings. Isn't timed exposure fun! I also like the times exposure you ahve at night. it is dark but with detail. I know they can be hard. This time I tried the bulb setting on shutter speed for the first time and I had some troubles because I could not find the aperture on the camera I was using..... But I love to do it. The snow Building is good but I wonder what you could do about getting a cool angle on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite one is the second light painting shot because it looks like the sun with rays coming off the the surface. I also really like the window shot because of the darkness of the shot but the colors are cool. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lightening one is really pretty. I have tried to captureligtning but thus far I have not been able to do it. The way the lights shine on the snow building image is also very nice. They cast nice light outside.

    ReplyDelete