Monday, October 5, 2009

Week 3: Adjustment Layers and Smart Filters













1. Railroad Bridge: 7-20-09; 8:39 pm; Rexburg, Id; f/5.6; 15 sec; Canon ESO Digital Rebel XTI

2. Edited: I used an adjustment layer with the screen blend mode to lighten the bottom half of the image. I also changed the opacity to 42% and then used the black paint brush on the sky to bring the original back into the image.















1. Flower: 7-10-09; 11:46 am; Rexburg, Id; f/7.1; 1/250; Canon ESO Digital Rebel XTI

2. Edit: I used smart filter with a dry brush and watercolor filter. Then I used the black paint brush to bring back the flower in the center and to take off the filters.

2 comments:

  1. The adjustments in these shots looked very standard and well done. As subtle as these adjustments are they make the shot look so much better. Great job I like the railroad bridge because of the pale green contrasting with the purple sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the before and after look great. I can't tell which one is edited. But I love them still and so you did great. The color of the sky is awesome. And the flower is my favorite kind of flower. It has wonderful color. Good job!

    ReplyDelete