Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week 4: Bannack Best/Old Photos

The first seven images are from Bannack when I went with my roommate last fall. I couldn't go on the trip this time so I have these images and three new images I took of older things in Preston. I just have to say I tried to find some interesting older buildings, but nothing beats Bannack. Its a great place for shooting!


































































1. Ghosts: 10-8-08; 4:47 pm; Bannack, Mt; f/na; na; Canon ESO Digital Rebel XTI

2. Metal Ring: 10-8-08; 3:54 pm; Bannack, Mt; f/na; na; Canon ESO Digital Rebel XTI

3. Zoey: 10-8-08; 1:24 pm; Bannack, Mt; f/na; na; Canon ESO Digital Rebel XTI

4. Ghosts piano: 10-8-08; 12:05 pm; Bannack, Mt; f/na; na; Canon ESO Digital Rebel XTI

5. Nails: 10-8-08; 11:37 am; Bannack, Mt; f/na; na; Canon ESO Digital Rebel XTI

6. Door: 10-8-08; 3:27 pm; Bannack, Mt; f/na; na; Canon ESO Digital Rebel XTI

7. Church: 10-8-08; 3:28 pm; Bannack, Mt; f/na; na; Canon ESO Digital Rebel XTI

8. Springs: 10-8-08; 1:23 pm; Preston, Id; f/5.6; 1/320; Canon ESO Digital Rebel XTI

9. Door: 10-2-08; 1:20 pm; Preston, Id; f/5.6; 1/200; Canon ESO Digital Rebel XTI

10. Church: 10-2-08; 1:06 pm; Preston, Id; f/11; 1/500; Canon ESO Digital Rebel XTI

3 comments:

  1. I like the composition of the wagon and the building, in the background. It gives a nice image up front. But then gives you something to look at in the background. In all your shots it looks like you had nicer weather than we did. I also like how you brought a pioneer girl along for your shots. Well at least one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your number 6 door image is amazing! I really like how the light just seems to pour in through the door. Well done! You must have been there at the right time because the lighting wasn't really great at Bannack (as you know). Also, the shallow depth of field shot with the barn in the background has some amazing contrast! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little bias but I really like the picture from Preston. Its my hometown so I know exactly where that is. I like the macro shot of the nails. It has nice blur in the background. I really like the light coming through the door shot and the color of the leaves from the tree through the glass. I really like the picture of the little girl, its a nice angle and she really fits the rustic feel.

    ReplyDelete